Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hello! I'm Titima

Hello, My name is Titima. I come from Thailand, most affectionately known by many as The Land of Smiles.

I graduated in BA in Library and Information Science and worked as an information officer at Science and Technology Knowledge Services (STKS), the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) under Ministry of Science and Technology, Thailand.




I decided to study in MA in Information Management, Information School, University of Sheffield because I yearn for improvement and advanced in the essential theoretical and practical skills needed to information and knowledge management, especially Information Literacy skills.

I am aware that intensive study in Information Management not only advantage to me but also for my country. I desire to present and transfer my increased knowledge and skills to my colleagues and other stakeholders in home country in order to enhance information literacy skills for S & T communities and improve Thai people are information literacy. Consequently, driving to knowledge economy and society which are able to compete permanently.

1 comment:

  1. Titima, thank you for sharing that with us. I hope you enjoy your stay here in Sheffield. Although we are not known as a 'land of smiles' I hope you will still find us friendly.

    My name is Sophie Rutter. I studied BA Art and Archaeology at the School of Oriental and African Studies part of London University. It was many years ago now. Since then I've mostly worked in the web industry - latterly as web and communications manager for the Port of London Authority.

    ReplyDelete