Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Information Universe : Information Resources.

To make an easy understanding, I would like to show my experience about finding information to select ELTC project topic.

Experience of finding information
Last 2 month, I had to make an ELTC project. When I knew from my English tutor that I had to make a personal project and he gave the guideline to me. The first thing that I made that read and analyzed the project instruction such as project components, and project submitted. Moreover I asked some questions with my tutor to made sure that I would go to the right way.

The first times I would like to made a project about the significant problems of disable people in Thailand. I tried to find information from many sources before choose the project topic as:

Firstly of all, I used my background as an information officer that I used to meet and interview library users about the problem of disable people with library. The I used University of Sheffield Library OPAC and online databases to browsed resources in library which related to my project. After I had list of resources in library, I selected some of books and journal articles to read and got more idea. Furthermore, I accessed websites to got more information both commercial and non-commercial websites such as government websites, including blog and wikis with had information about library and disable people. Finally, I used social networking as Facebook to discuss with my co-workers in Thailand to get some feedback about my project.

Types of reference
Word of mouth
Library OPAC
Online database
Book
Journal article
e-article
Website
Search engine
Blog
Wiki
Facebook

From the references that mentioned above can be divided by basic catagories of information sources as:
People - Word of mouth
Databases - Library OPAC and Online databases such as ScienceDirect
Documents - Book, Journal article, e-journal, e-article
Search engine - Google
Technology - Blog, Wiki, and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment