Thing 6 - Google secrets
First of all I would like to thank you Mr. Alastair Allan very much for your presentation about Google and search engines.
The new thing that I learnt about Google is interesting Google features:
1. Google scholar preferences which can be linked with University of Sheffield Library. It is very useful and convenience by provide links to full-text articles available through the University.
2. Reading level to limit my search results to a specific reading level which it is very useful to me in terms of student and information offer.
Moreover, I known about interesting Google statistic such as
- 96% of search engine market share holding
- 70% indexes billions of web pages
- less than 4% of information users are access content after first four page
Not only Google I learnt new academic resources:
1. Copac National, Academic, and Specialist Library Catalogue
1. British Library EThOS
3. White Rose Etheses Online
2. BioMed Central
1. Scientific Commons
3. UNESCO Archives Portal
6. arXiv.org e-Print archive
7. PLoS ONE
8. E-LIS. E-prints in Library and Information Science